Oklahoma State SealOklahoma State Seal
Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision

Complaint Procedures

You have the right to file a complaint with our agency. The OSBMLS has jurisdiction over the following professionals: Medical Doctors (MD), Physician's Assistants (PA), Physical Therapists (PT), Physical Therapy Assistants (TA), Occupational Therapists (OT), Occupational Therapy Assistants (OA), Anesthesiologist Assistants (AA), Athletic Trainers (AT), Registered Electrologists (RE), Respiratory Care Practitioners (RC), Licensed Dietitians (LD), Pedorthists (LPED), Orthotists/Prosthetists (LO/LPR), and Radiologist Assistants (RA). We also contract our investigative services for Podiatrists (DPM) and Perfusionists (LP).

Please answer all applicable questions on the complaint form and be as specific as possible. Any applicable questions not answered may result in a delay in the resolution of your complaint. Please provide as much detail as possible as our decision for further action will be based on the facts as presented in your complaint.

You will receive acknowledgment of our receipt of your complaint. Your complaint will then be reviewed by the Medical Director and Executive Director for possible violations of the Oklahoma Medical Practice Act and the Board's rules and regulations. You will then be notified of the results of that review.

Should your complaint be assigned to a Board investigator, you will be notified of that investigator's name and telephone extension for follow-up.

Should you change addresses before your complaint is resolved, please notify this office so we may contact you with the results of any review, investigation or disciplinary hearing.

This agency is an administrative licensing agency and has no jurisdiction over persons not holding one of our professional licenses. If you feel someone is practicing without a license, you should contact the District Attorney's office in that county for criminal prosecution.

If your complaint concerns other professions or facilities, you should contact the appropriate licensing agency:

Doctors of Osteopathy (DO)

State Board of Osteopathic Examiners
4848 N. Lincoln Blvd., Suite 100
Oklahoma City, OK 73105-3321
(405) 528-8625


Pharmacists (RPh), and pharmacies

State Board of Pharmacy
4545 N. Lincoln Blvd., Suite 112
Oklahoma City, OK 73105-3488
(405) 521-3815


Registered Nurses (RN), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) and Nurse Midwives

State Board of Nursing
2915 N. Classen, Suite 524
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
(405) 962-1800


Dentists (DDS)

Board of Governors of the Registered Dentists of Oklahoma
6501 N. Broadway, Suite 220
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
(405) 848-1364


Chiropractors (DC)

State Board of Chiropractic Examiners
421 NW 13th St, Suite 180
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
(405) 522-3400


Optometrists (OD)

State Board of Examiners in Optometry 6912 E. Reno, Suite 302
Midwest City, OK 73110
(405) 733-7836


Psychologists (PhD)

State Board of Examiners of Psychologists
1000 NE 10th, Suite 504
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
(405) 271-6118


Speech Pathologists and Audiologists

State Board of Examiners in Speech Pathology and Audiology
PO Box 53592
Oklahoma City, OK 73152-3592
(405) 840-2774


Hearing Aids

State Department of Health
Occupational Licenses
1000 NE 10th
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
(405) 271-5217


Nursing Homes, Residential Health Care Facilities

Home Health Care Agencies

Hospice Agencies



Ambulatory Surgical Centers

Birthing Centers

Portable X-Ray Units

Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Facilities

Rural Health Clinics

End-Stage Renal Disease Facilities

Outpatient Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Pathology Treatment Centers

Tissue Banks

Eye Banks

Oklahoma State Department of Health

Online Complaint page OSDH https://oklahoma.gov/health/services/licensing-inspections/medical-facilities-service/complaints-and-enforcement-division.html

Complaints against non-long term care facilities may be filed electronically by email: medfaccomplaints@health.ok.gov or by calling (405) 426-8470 or by written statements using the Medical Facilities complaint form and mailed to the mailing address listed below:

Mailing Address:

Oklahoma State Department of Health
Medical Facilities & Home Services Divisions
123 Robert S. Kerr. Ave Suite 1702
Oklahoma City, OK 73102-6406

Physical Address:

Oklahoma State Department of Health
Medical Facilities
123 Robert S. Kerr. Ave
Oklahoma City, OK
Phone: (405) 426-8470


Medical Micropigmentation

State Department of Health
Consumer Protection Division
1000 NE 10th
Oklahoma City, OK 73117-1299


Alcohol & Drug Abuse Treatment Centers

Community Mental Health Centers

Community Residential Mental Health providers

Gambling Treatment

Eating Disorder Treatment

Community-Based Structured Crisis Centers

Programs of Assertive Community Treatment

Comprehensive Community Addiction Recovery Centers

Opioid Substitution Treatment

Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
2000 N. Classen Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Suite 2-600
(405) 248-9200

Funeral Homes

Oklahoma Funeral Board
4545 N. Lincoln Blvd., Suite 175
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
(405) 522-1790


For questions regarding death certificates or disinterments, contact:

State Department of Health
Vital Statistics
375 N Broadway Ave #321
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
(405) 426-8800


Helpful Phone Numbers and Links

Questions about your insurance company's health care coverage?

Oklahoma Insurance Department
Consumer Assistance by phone:
STATE: 800.522.0071
OKC: 405.521.2828
TULSA: 918.295.3700
Consumer assistance online and paper forms https://www.oid.ok.gov/consumers/file-an-online-complaint/

Questions about a provider status for Medicaid reimbursement?
• Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OHCA), 800-522-0114

How do I check licensing for a mental health residential care facility or nursing home in Oklahoma?
• Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH), 800-522-0203

Questions about becoming a Licensed Alcohol & Drug Counselor (LADC)?
• Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol & Drug Counselors (LADC), 405-521-0779

Questions about Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT, LBP licensing)?
• Oklahoma State Board of Behavioral Health, 405-522-3696

Questions about becoming a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW)?
• Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Clinical Social Workers, 405-521-3712